mouse block and key pressed simulation?

mihai

How can i block and release the mouse and keyboard and how can a
simulate a key pressed in ruby? (for exemple i want to press enter key)

John Joyce

How can i block and release the mouse and keyboard and how can a
simulate a key pressed in ruby? (for exemple i want to press enter
key)

Depends ..

Bulhac Mihai

John said:
Depends ..

depends of what?
i have a window with OK and CANCEL button wich appears. and i want when
that window is active to block the mouse and the keyboard and send the
key enter to press the OK button

Alex Young

Bulhac said:
depends of what?
i have a window with OK and CANCEL button wich appears. and i want when
that window is active to block the mouse and the keyboard and send the
key enter to press the OK button
Ok, so now we know it's not a web app. Which platform are you
developing on? What toolkit? Or are you driving a second app from your
ruby script? Can you show us some code?

Alin Popa

mihai said:
How can i block and release the mouse and keyboard and how can a
simulate a key pressed in ruby? (for exemple i want to press enter key)

Hi Mihai,

This may be a GUI toolkit specific issue.
So, you need to look for the hint into the gui toolkit(eg. GTK, QT, Tk)
specifications.

All the best,

Alin

Dan Stevens (IAmAI)

i have a window with OK and CANCEL button wich appears. and i want when
that window is active to block the mouse and the keyboard and send the
key enter to press the OK button

This to me sounds like you're trying to achieve keyboard and mouse
emulation. Is this correct?

John Joyce

i have a window with OK and CANCEL button wich appears. and i want
when
that window is active to block the mouse and the keyboard and send
the
key enter to press the OK button

This to me sounds like you're trying to achieve keyboard and mouse
emulation. Is this correct?

depends of what?
i have a window with OK and CANCEL button wich appears. and i want
when
that window is active to block the mouse and the keyboard and send
the
key enter to press the OK button
That's what I mean by depends... it depends greatly on the
environment you want it to work in. Unfortunately this sort of thing
can be very implementation specific. Unix shell? Dos box? Windows? OS
X ? KDE?
All have their own ways of doing this stuff.