Mouse Click Co-ordinates

Mike

I am using a server-side component for resizing/cropping images. Cropping
is possible if I know the co-ordinates. I want to be able to offer users
the ability to specify their own co-ordinates. It seems to me that the
easiest way to do this is to try to partially emulate an image editing app's
Marquee tool, where a user clicks on an image to define the top left point
and drags and releases at the bottom right point. My questions are:

1. What's the best way to display the image to get these measurements? (It's
own div? Iframe? As an ImageMap? Other way?)
2. How do I capture the two pairs of coordinates? (Having got them, I'm
comfortable passing them server-side as QueryString values)

I expect users will have IE 5.5 +, Firefox 1.5 +, Safari

Thanks all