Mouse hover event in wxpython

sundarvenkata

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me if there is an event to indicate mouse hover over
a control in wxPython? EVT_MOTION does not seem to cut it.

Thanks in advance,
Sundar

Larry Bates

sundarvenkata said:
Hi All,

Can somebody tell me if there is an event to indicate mouse hover over
a control in wxPython? EVT_MOTION does not seem to cut it.

Thanks in advance,
Sundar

You might want to take a look at gmane.comp.python.wxpython for better replies
to wxPython specific questions. Looks like you might want OnEnter(self, x, y,
d) and OnLeave(self) methods of wxDropTarget class

-Larry

kyosohma

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me if there is an event to indicate mouse hover over
a control in wxPython? EVT_MOTION does not seem to cut it.

Thanks in advance,
Sundar

What are you trying to do? I use EVT_MOTION for mouse hovering and it
works great in my application. You might try EVT_ENTER_WINDOW too.

See also:

http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.MouseEvent-class.html

Larry is right. The wxPython mailing list would give you even more
accurate answers.

Mike