Mouse-over code - I want to add

...D.

A:link {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline; color:#0000FF; }
A:visited {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline;
color:#0000FF; }
A:hover {text-decoration: text-decoration:underline; color:#FF0000}

What function I'd like to add or this, or just re-do the whole thing, is
that when the mouse-over highlights the linking text, and then that text
link is then clicked - I'd like it to stay the same mouse-over color (or
change to another color) and that color stay in place up until another
mouse-over highlighted text link is clicked on.

Anyone know how to implement this?

Thanks.

...D.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

....D. said:
A:link {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline;
color:#0000FF; }
A:visited {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline;
color:#0000FF; }
A:hover {text-decoration: text-decoration:underline; color:#FF0000}

What function I'd like to add or this, or just re-do the whole
thing, is that when the mouse-over highlights the linking text, and
then that text link is then clicked - I'd like it to stay the same
mouse-over color (or change to another color) and that color stay
in place up until another mouse-over highlighted text link is
clicked on.

mouse-over = hover

Are you saying you want a link to change its visited color, but only
until another link is visited? If so, that is not very practical.
Visited links should be a different color than unvisited (or hovered)
links.

Visitors expect this - visited links to "remain" visited.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
What function I'd like to add or this, or just re-do the whole thing, is
that when the mouse-over highlights the linking text, and then that text
link is then clicked - I'd like it to stay the same mouse-over color (or
change to another color) and that color stay in place up until another
mouse-over highlighted text link is clicked on.

Not entirely sure what it is you're asking, but try setting the a:active
to the same as a:hover (or whatever other colour you want it to be).
Exact behaviour in this situation may vary between browsers - e.g. some
will only use the :active colour while the mouse button is actually
being pressed down. Setting a:focus to the same may also help.

...D.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
mouse-over = hover

Are you saying you want a link to change its visited color, but only
until another link is visited? If so, that is not very practical.
Visited links should be a different color than unvisited (or hovered)
links.
Visitors expect this - visited links to "remain" visited.

Yes I know. But I want to use it anyway for a certain circumstance. So
thanks I will give it a try.

...D.

...D.

Mark Parnell said:
Not entirely sure what it is you're asking, but try setting the a:active
to the same as a:hover (or whatever other colour you want it to be).
Exact behaviour in this situation may vary between browsers - e.g. some
will only use the :active colour while the mouse button is actually
being pressed down. Setting a:focus to the same may also help.

Yes thanks. I've tried the a:active. Doesn't want to stay. THanks for the
other suggestion.

...D.