Mouse-over code - I want to add

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ...D., May 1, 2005.

  1. ...D.

    ...D. Guest

    A:link {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline; color:#0000FF; }
    A:visited {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline;
    color:#0000FF; }
    A:hover {text-decoration: text-decoration:underline; color:#FF0000}

    What function I'd like to add or this, or just re-do the whole thing, is
    that when the mouse-over highlights the linking text, and then that text
    link is then clicked - I'd like it to stay the same mouse-over color (or
    change to another color) and that color stay in place up until another
    mouse-over highlighted text link is clicked on.

    Anyone know how to implement this?

    Thanks.

    ...D.

    ...D., May 1, 2005

  2. ....D. wrote:
    > A:link {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline;
    > color:#0000FF; }
    > A:visited {text-decoration: none; text-decoration:underline;
    > color:#0000FF; }
    > A:hover {text-decoration: text-decoration:underline; color:#FF0000}
    >
    > What function I'd like to add or this, or just re-do the whole
    > thing, is that when the mouse-over highlights the linking text, and
    > then that text link is then clicked - I'd like it to stay the same
    > mouse-over color (or change to another color) and that color stay
    > in place up until another mouse-over highlighted text link is
    > clicked on.

    mouse-over = hover

    Are you saying you want a link to change its visited color, but only
    until another link is visited? If so, that is not very practical.
    Visited links should be a different color than unvisited (or hovered)
    links.

    Visitors expect this - visited links to "remain" visited.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 1, 2005

  3. ...D.

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, "...D." <d@no_usenet_email..org> said:

    > What function I'd like to add or this, or just re-do the whole thing, is
    > that when the mouse-over highlights the linking text, and then that text
    > link is then clicked - I'd like it to stay the same mouse-over color (or
    > change to another color) and that color stay in place up until another
    > mouse-over highlighted text link is clicked on.

    Not entirely sure what it is you're asking, but try setting the a:active
    to the same as a:hover (or whatever other colour you want it to be).
    Exact behaviour in this situation may vary between browsers - e.g. some
    will only use the :active colour while the mouse button is actually
    being pressed down. Setting a:focus to the same may also help.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, May 2, 2005
  4. ...D.

    ...D. Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >mouse-over = hover
    >
    >Are you saying you want a link to change its visited color, but only
    >until another link is visited? If so, that is not very practical.
    >Visited links should be a different color than unvisited (or hovered)
    >links.
    >Visitors expect this - visited links to "remain" visited.

    Yes I know. But I want to use it anyway for a certain circumstance. So
    thanks I will give it a try.

    ...D.

    ...D., May 2, 2005
  5. ...D.

    ...D. Guest

    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    >Not entirely sure what it is you're asking, but try setting the a:active
    >to the same as a:hover (or whatever other colour you want it to be).
    >Exact behaviour in this situation may vary between browsers - e.g. some
    >will only use the :active colour while the mouse button is actually
    >being pressed down. Setting a:focus to the same may also help.

    Yes thanks. I've tried the a:active. Doesn't want to stay. THanks for the
    other suggestion.

    ...D.

    ...D., May 2, 2005