Mouse-over help text in ASP.NET

steve_barker333

Hi guys!

I'm trying to create a mouse-over help feature in an ASP.NET page. Here
is an example of what I mean:

http://edit.europe.yahoo.com/config...l.yahoo.com&.src=ym&partner=&.p=&promo=&.last

In the "If You Forget Your Password..." section, there are some
question marks. If you mouse-over, a nice help box appears on top of
the page, without changing the layout of the page underneath. Does
anyone know how to achieve the same effect using ASP.NET, in such a way
that it will be compatible with all browsers?

Your help would be most appreciated!

Many thanks!

Steve.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The forget your password functionality in ASP.NET 2.0 can be tailored. Drop
the control and then turn into templates. You can then edit.

To create hover sections, you use DIV tags and creat an onMouse over
JavaScript to show the DIV and onMouseOut to hide it. If you have no clue
what I am aiming at, FrontPage behaviors offers this, as do Dreamweaver
behaviors (free trial from Adobe/Macromedia). Or, you can search for
JavaScript and DIV and certainly find some URLs.