mouseover dynamic windows appear

ianyian

Hi expert, i have a stupid question need to ask which abt the
javascript, im doing some scripting for the web page project, i need a
feature which when mouse-in , then need a "dialog" or i donnot hwo to
name it , "windows"??? then i will add some comment, like and picture
inside the "dynamic" windows, but when mouse-out, then the windows will
auto disapper , i dont know the keyword to search for the script,
someone can give me advise ?

josh

(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:

feature which when mouse-in , then need a "dialog" or i donnot hwo to
name it , "windows"??? then i will add some comment, like and picture
inside the "dynamic" windows,

make a mouseover event on the tag element you desire to
call a function that open the window:

function openW(url)
{
window.open(url,"", "width=320;heigth=200");
}

but when mouse-out, then the windows will
auto disapper , i dont know the keyword to search for the script,
someone can give me advise ?

then in the window created assing this event:
<script>
window.document.onmouseout = closeIt;

function closeIt()
{
self.close();
}
</script>

Bye

Tom Cole

josh said:
(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:

make a mouseover event on the tag element you desire to
call a function that open the window:

function openW(url)
{
window.open(url,"", "width=320;heigth=200");
}

then in the window created assing this event:
<script>
window.document.onmouseout = closeIt;

function closeIt()
{
self.close();
}
</script>

Bye

I'd recommend more of a floating div as a tooltip for someting like
that. You can see an example on Walter Zorn's site:
http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

HTH