MouseOver

KDawg44

Hi,

This is not a HUGE deal if it is not possible (and doesn't warrant a
lot of work) but I am using mouseOvers on cells in tables and rows in
tables. Due to it not being a link (a href = ) the mouse is staying a
pointer. Is there a way to manipulate the mouse to do this (other
than putting a href = # in each one)? Furthermore, is there a way to
control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

Thanks very much.

Kevin

David Mark

Hi,

This is not a HUGE deal if it is not possible (and doesn't warrant a
lot of work) but I am using mouseOvers on cells in tables and rows in
tables.  Due to it not being a link (a href = ) the mouse is staying a
pointer.  Is there a way to manipulate the mouse to do this (other

You mean it is the default cursor (typically an arrow.) Are the cells
clickable? If so, you can use CSS to change it to a pointer
(typically a hand with one finger extended.)
than putting a href = # in each one)?  Furthermore, is there a way to
control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

Yes, but this is off-topic here. Ask in a CSS group.

SAM

KDawg44 a écrit :
Hi,

This is not a HUGE deal if it is not possible (and doesn't warrant a
lot of work) but I am using mouseOvers on cells in tables and rows in
tables. Due to it not being a link (a href = ) the mouse is staying a
pointer. Is there a way to manipulate the mouse to do this (other
than putting a href = # in each one)? Furthermore, is there a way to
control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

use CSS

td { cursor: pointer }

or

#myTable td { cursor: url(myPointer.gif), pointer; }

or :

onmouseover="dothat()"
onmouseout="comeback()">

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#propdef-cursor>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/indexlist.html>

KDawg44

KDawg44 a écrit :

use CSS

td { cursor: pointer }

or

#myTable td { cursor: url(myPointer.gif), pointer; }

or :

onmouseover="dothat()"
onmouseout="comeback()">

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#propdef-cursor>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/indexlist.html>

Thanks! I was looking in the wrong spot!

I have tried the CSS but am having trouble for some reason:

.mouseOverCell { background-color: #FFCCDD; font-family: "Helvetica";
font-size: 10pt; color: #FF00CC; font-weight: bold; cursor: url(inc/
pawprint.gif); }

But I have posted this on a CSS board.

Thanks for your help!