    control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

    Thanks very much.

    Kevin
    KDawg44, Feb 14, 2008

  2. KDawg44

    David Mark Guest

    On Feb 14, 6:22 pm, KDawg44 <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is not a HUGE deal if it is not possible (and doesn't warrant a
    > lot of work) but I am using mouseOvers on cells in tables and rows in
    > tables.  Due to it not being a link (a href = ) the mouse is staying a
    > pointer.  Is there a way to manipulate the mouse to do this (other

    You mean it is the default cursor (typically an arrow.) Are the cells
    clickable? If so, you can use CSS to change it to a pointer
    (typically a hand with one finger extended.)

    > than putting a href = # in each one)?  Furthermore, is there a way to
    > control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

    Yes, but this is off-topic here. Ask in a CSS group.
    David Mark, Feb 14, 2008

  3. KDawg44

    SAM Guest

    KDawg44 a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is not a HUGE deal if it is not possible (and doesn't warrant a
    > lot of work) but I am using mouseOvers on cells in tables and rows in
    > tables. Due to it not being a link (a href = ) the mouse is staying a
    > pointer. Is there a way to manipulate the mouse to do this (other
    > than putting a href = # in each one)? Furthermore, is there a way to
    > control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

    use CSS

    td { cursor: pointer }

    or

    #myTable td { cursor: url(myPointer.gif), pointer; }

    or :

    onmouseover="dothat()"
    onmouseout="comeback()">

    <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#propdef-cursor>
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/indexlist.html>

    --
    sm
    SAM, Feb 14, 2008
  4. KDawg44

    KDawg44 Guest

    On Feb 14, 6:45 pm, SAM <>
    wrote:
    > KDawg44 a écrit :
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > This is not a HUGE deal if it is not possible (and doesn't warrant a
    > > lot of work) but I am using mouseOvers on cells in tables and rows in
    > > tables. Due to it not being a link (a href = ) the mouse is staying a
    > > pointer. Is there a way to manipulate the mouse to do this (other
    > > than putting a href = # in each one)? Furthermore, is there a way to
    > > control what the mouse is (like can I change it to a small image?)?

    > use CSS
    >
    > td { cursor: pointer }
    >
    > or
    >
    > #myTable td { cursor: url(myPointer.gif), pointer; }
    >
    > or :

    > onmouseover="dothat()"
    > onmouseout="comeback()">
    >
    > <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#propdef-cursor>
    > <http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/indexlist.html>
    >
    > --
    > sm

    Thanks! I was looking in the wrong spot!

    I have tried the CSS but am having trouble for some reason:

    .mouseOverCell { background-color: #FFCCDD; font-family: "Helvetica";
    font-size: 10pt; color: #FF00CC; font-weight: bold; cursor: url(inc/
    pawprint.gif); }

    But I have posted this on a CSS board.

    Thanks for your help!
    KDawg44, Feb 15, 2008