mov or avi transparency

Discussion in 'C++' started by aotemp@hotmail.com, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Apr 7, 2006

  2. Ben Pope Guest

    Ben Pope, Apr 7, 2006

    well, since this is something that should be accomplished using an api
    in C++ (so it does have SOMETHING to do with C++), that this would be
    the proper place to post, seeing how quicktime api is not a group as
    well as transparency is not a group.

    I figured that there would be some intelligent developer out in this
    group that may have worked with the api, and that perhaps they would
    share their knowledge with me.

    , Apr 7, 2006
  4. BobR Guest

    wrote in message
    <>...
    >well, since this is something that should be accomplished using an api
    >in C++ (so it does have SOMETHING to do with C++), that this would be
    >the proper place to post, seeing how quicktime api is not a group as
    >well as transparency is not a group.
    >
    >I figured that there would be some intelligent developer out in this
    >group that may have worked with the api, and that perhaps they would
    >share their knowledge with me.

    Since you insist that off-topic is cool, heres how you do it:

    wxBitmap MyPic(TheImage_xpm);
    MyPic.SetMask(new wxMask(MyPic, *wxBLACK));

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:

    wxWidgets URL: http://www.wxwidgets.org
    --
    Bob R
    POVrookie

    BobR, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Ben Pope Guest

    wrote:
    > well, since this is something that should be accomplished using an api
    > in C++ (so it does have SOMETHING to do with C++), that this would be
    > the proper place to post, seeing how quicktime api is not a group as
    > well as transparency is not a group.

    Well, you're wrong. This newsgroup is about the C++ language, and the
    libraries shipped with it.

    There are countless APIs written in C++, this is not the place to
    discuss them. There are various reasons why, and it's not because we
    can't be bothered.

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=quicktime api

    First (ish) link was here:
    http://lists.apple.com/archives/quicktime-api

    An archive for a mailing list dealing specifically with the quicktime
    API. I suggest you try asking there.

    Ben Pope

    Ben Pope, Apr 9, 2006

    it has about 2 members. It seemed that someone on this list may have
    had some experience with the libraries, so it seemed like a good place
    to try AFTER trying that group.

    , Apr 10, 2006