move back to bottom of page after postback

Keith G Hicks

I have a fairly long page with a submit button, a validation summary and a
status label at the bottom of the page. I need it to go back to the bottom
after the post so that the user can see any status information.

I found some code that is supposed to do this but I cannot get it to work.
it compiles and runs but does not move me down to the bottom fo the page.
Here's my VB code that runs at the end of a sub where I post data back to
the database:

Dim Script As New StringBuilder()
Script.Append("<script language=JavaScript id='BookMarkScript'>
")
Script.Append("var hashValue='#BottomOfPage'; ")
Script.Append("if(location.hash!=hashValue) ")
Script.Append("location.hash=hashValue; ")
Script.Append("</script>")

If (Not
ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("BookMarkScript")) Then
ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType,
"BookMarkScript", Script.ToString())
End If

Here's the anchor that is near the bottom of the page:

<a name="#BottomOfPage"></a>

Thanks,

Keith

Keith G Hicks

Thanks Mark. That did it. I also had to removee the # from the <a
name="#BottomOfPage"></a>