Move items from listbox and datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jocke, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Jocke

    Jocke Guest

    Hi,

    Picture this:

    I have two listboxes next to each other. The one to the left lists
    available projects. The right one lists selected projects.
    Between these two I have two buttons, "Add" and "Remove".

    So, you select one project(or more) on the left click the Add-button
    and moves the the right listbox. Of course the other way around when
    removing projects.
    This is a quite common behaviour I guess.

    So far I have no problems, BUT:

    The listbox to the right must have three columns, ProjectName and two
    checkbox columns.
    So, you select one project(or more) on the left click the Add-button
    and moves the the right listbox and then check/uncheck the checkboxes
    and save the page.

    As far as I know you can not have columns in a listbox, so I thought I
    could have a datagrid to the right instead, including two checkbox
    columns. The problem is that I am not that good at datagrids...

    How do I select one item in the listbox, converts it to a datagrid item
    and adds it to the datagrid?
    And the other way around, how do I select a datagrid item, converts it
    to a list item and adds it to the listbox?

    Or does anyone have another ideas how to solve this?

    Can someone please help me out??

    Regards
    Jocke

    Jocke, Sep 29, 2006