Move jQuery directory

jwcarlton

There's a specific jQuery function that I use in several sections of
my site. I don't follow the language (yet), but it seems as if the
jQuery libraries and everything have to be in the same directory as
the script I've written in order for them to work. Simply changing the
path to the files on my script isn't enough.

Is this correct (that they need to be in the same directory)? If so,
can you guys recommend a modification to the library files that will
allow me to move them, so that I don't have 20 copies of the same
files?

Gregor Kofler

Am 2011-08-19 03:35, jwcarlton meinte:
There's a specific jQuery function that I use in several sections of
my site. I don't follow the language (yet)

What "language"? It's JavaScript/ECMAScript.
but it seems as if the
jQuery libraries and everything have to be in the same directory as
the script I've written in order for them to work. Simply changing the
path to the files on my script isn't enough.

This "problem description" doesn't make sense. What are trying to do (or
say)?
Is this correct (that they need to be in the same directory)? If so,
can you guys recommend a modification to the library files that will
allow me to move them, so that I don't have 20 copies of the same
files?

I don't use jQuery, but I suppose placing the scripts into different
directories shouldn't be an issue, unless some obscure "dynamic script
loaders" are involved. Even if you place all files in one folder: Why
does this "require" to have 20 copies of the same file?

Gregor