Move large image inside of div viewport

Dave Hemmings

Hi everyone,

I'm stumped at the moment trying to make something a little like seen on
Google Maps where you can drag around a map to move it. The image with
the map is not overtly large, only about a megapixel, but i want it
inside something like a 300 square viewport..

So far I've got a div and used CSS to define the image as the background
then altered the background-position property to move it, the scripting
worked but the actual image wasn't being refreshed to show the move.

Can anyone help? Any ideas appreciated..

Thanks,
Dave