    this dll hence my parent.scriptname.

    Thanks
    Shane

    BLIZZARDICE, Jul 11, 2006

  2. BLIZZARDICE

    BLIZZARDICE Guest

    Re: Move outside results in permission denied? (not getting full domain issue)

    I have come to the conclusion is is a matter of partial domain names vs
    full domain names. (I could be wrong) My subpage thinks its
    document.domain is mycompany.com while my parent page which envelopes
    this page in an iframe thinks its document.domomain is
    wonderful.mycompany.com. Is there a way to tell my website on load to
    get the whole domain? or inherit it from its creater? (I don't think
    the last one will work for security reasons.

    BLIZZARDICE, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Re: Move outside results in permission denied? (not getting full domain issue)

    BLIZZARDICE wrote:
    > I have come to the conclusion is is a matter of partial domain names vs
    > full domain names. (I could be wrong) My subpage thinks its
    > document.domain is mycompany.com while my parent page which envelopes
    > this page in an iframe thinks its document.domomain is
    > wonderful.mycompany.com. Is there a way to tell my website on load to
    > get the whole domain? or inherit it from its creater? (I don't think
    > the last one will work for security reasons.

    You're probably right. Google for "cross frame scripting"

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/om/xframe_scripting_security.asp

    Luck!
    Kev

    Kevin Darling, Jul 12, 2006
  4. BLIZZARDICE

    BLIZZARDICE Guest

    Re: Move outside results in permission denied? (not getting full domain issue)

    Thanks.
    You didnt fix my problem but you remined one of us here about a
    function they wrote into the head that stripped out the full domain
    name in favor of just the company.com name on page load. That was
    needed for a previous project. Good thing I sent everybody else home
    for the day.

    Shane

    BLIZZARDICE, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Re: Move outside results in permission denied? (not getting full domain issue)

    BLIZZARDICE wrote:
    > Kevin Darling wrote:
    > > You're probably right. Google for "cross frame scripting"
    > >
    > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/om/xframe_scripting_security.asp
    > >

    > Thanks.

    Welcome, but be aware that top-posting in replies will get you cremated
    around here :)

    > You didnt fix my problem but you remined one of us here about a
    > function they wrote into the head that stripped out the full domain
    > name in favor of just the company.com name on page load. That was
    > needed for a previous project. Good thing I sent everybody else home
    > for the day.

    The link I gave above at MSDN also mentions the ability to set
    document.domain in each page, so that you don't have to do your head
    trick.

    Best, Kev

    Kevin Darling, Jul 12, 2006