    try to move text over a shockwave it disappears. i have set the z
    indexes etc but no luck. is there any way to do this

    Niall
    Niall Linden, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Niall Linden wrote:

    > Is there any way to move text over an AVI or shockwave object. i have
    > put each one in its own <div> and can move them around and over each
    > other. when i have text on text or on pictures its fine. but when i
    > try to move text over a shockwave it disappears. i have set the z
    > indexes etc but no luck. is there any way to do this

    On Windows IE and recent Mozillas/Netscapes should support
    <embed wmode="transparent"
    to embed your Flash and then you should be able to apply CSS z-index to
    stack any other HTML elements on top of the embedded Flash.
    But as far as I know that doesn't work on other platforms and not in all
    browsers even on Windows thus it is rather not something you should
    depend on to build a web site. Might be fine on an intranet where you
    know which browsers your users have.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/