move to windows 2k3..buttons not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SoCalGuy, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. SoCalGuy

    SoCalGuy Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a .net web app written in C# (.net 1.1). It has worked just great
    being served from xp pro (dev) and Win2k (prod), for the last 6 months. We
    have recently moved it to a brand new install of Win2k3. All I did was
    create a new web on my Win2k3 server and copy my directory over (that's how
    I have moved in the past). Now some buttons don't do anything (others are
    working okay and most of the app is just fine). You just click on the
    button and nothing happens (no errors, no post back, nothing). I have tried
    it from various browsers and same behavior. The code has not changed (my
    dll/aspx pages have not changed for 30 days).

    Is there something that I am missing? Any ideas? Is there something I need
    to do to Win2k3 to make web apps fully functional? Is there some IIS
    setting or application pool thing that I should look at?

    --
    Thanks,

    Guy

    --
    Thanks,

    Guy

    SoCalGuy, Mar 10, 2005

  2. SoCalGuy

    SoCalGuy Guest

    Thanks so much for replying! I will try and let you know.

    --
    Thanks,

    Guy
    wrote in message news:...
    > Make sure that aspnet_client is in the root of the wwwroot...if not you

    can
    > (a) copy it from the other server or run
    >
    > c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i
    >
    > those paths might be different (WinNt, different Versions) but you should

    be

    SoCalGuy, Mar 10, 2005

  3. SoCalGuy

    SoCalGuy Guest

    That was it!!! It worked. Thanks sooo much guys....:)

    --
    Thanks,

    Guy

    SoCalGuy, Mar 10, 2005