Moving application under VS2005 web server to IIS

Lonifasiko

Hi,

A friend of mine has developed an ASP.NET application with VS2005. Of
course, this application has been run for testing purposes in the
default web server VS2005 has.

I've copied application's folder to my machine and put it under IIS.
Give name to the application, tell IIS to use ASP.NET 2.0.........and
seems impossible to access the application. I get "Server unavailable"
all the time.

What else do I have to configure in IIS? Or maybe in the application?
I've also run aspnet_regiis just in case.

I thought it was as easy as that.

Thanks very much in advance.

RBarrand

make sure the application is running v2 framework in iis
Eliyahu Goldin said:
Did you create a virtual directory in IIS?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Lonifasiko said:
Hi,

A friend of mine has developed an ASP.NET application with VS2005. Of
course, this application has been run for testing purposes in the
default web server VS2005 has.

I've copied application's folder to my machine and put it under IIS.
Give name to the application, tell IIS to use ASP.NET 2.0.........and
seems impossible to access the application. I get "Server unavailable"
all the time.

What else do I have to configure in IIS? Or maybe in the application?
I've also run aspnet_regiis just in case.

I thought it was as easy as that.

Thanks very much in advance.

Lonifasiko

Thanks for both the replies.

Yes, I've created a virtual directory pointing to the exact location of
the web application and I've also confirmed that web application is
running under ASP.NET 2.0 (v2.0.50727). In fact, ASP.NET 2.0 is the
default option for all IIS applications.

Just in case, I created a new ASP.NET website using VS2005 but in the
wizard set application's path like this:
http://localhost:8080/ApplicationName. Typed the URL in Explorer and I
can see Default.aspx.

Then, why does not work the other application the same way? All
security related issues are the same for the both the web applications.
Means this that if oyu create an application using VS2005's default web
server, then you cannot move it to IIS?

May do I have to change something in web.config file?

I would appreciate any more help on this.

Juan T. Llibre

If you're hosting the app in Windows 2003 Server,
you have to isolate 1.1 and 2.0 apps from each other
in different Application Pools.