    databases. Is there an easy/best way to go about this? Any insight
    would be most appreciated.
    , Nov 7, 2007

  2. The moving itself is fairly simple.
    You need to lock database to make sure no one can write into it. Then make a
    full back up and copy it to new server.
    Restore it there

    The only problem is DNS servers. It takes from 1 to 3 days for them to be
    updated and people around the world will hit an old server even after the
    move. So before you ready to move change TTL (time to live) to minimum on
    your DNS server.

    Then DNS will not ba cached for long time.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Nov 7, 2007