Moving back a page

Simon Harvey

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to make the browser navigate back by one
page in response to a button press. This has to be done in an event handler
in code behind.

The reason I want the browser to go back, rather than just Response.Redirect
is because I want the fields on the previous page to be populated without
having to use the session object or something similar. I want it to act
essentially as a back button

Thanks all

Simon

Guest

you can try to use the client side javascript of, history.go(-1)
use -2 to go back two pages

if you are doing an application using web, my experience told me, this will cause a lot of problem
just be careful with your data

:

----- Simon Harvey wrote: ----

Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to make the browser navigate back by on
page in response to a button press. This has to be done in an event handle
in code behind

The reason I want the browser to go back, rather than just Response.Redirec
is because I want the fields on the previous page to be populated withou
having to use the session object or something similar. I want it to ac
essentially as a back butto

Thanks al

Simo