    Thanks!

    best,
    Denise
    Denise Enck, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Denise Enck

    picayunish Guest

    Denise Enck wrote in
    news:YbTib.684$:
    > Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird?
    > The Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except IE.

    Bookmarks -->Bookmarks Manager --> select imported IE Favorites -->
    File --> import the link from IE Favorite.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://members.chello.nl/e.vandervaart/ Experimental site
    picayunish, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Denise Enck

    Denise Enck Guest

    "picayunish" wrote in message news:poTib.10993$P51.316143@amstwist00...
    > Denise Enck wrote in
    > > Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird?
    > > The Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except

    IE.

    > Bookmarks -->Bookmarks Manager --> select imported IE Favorites -->
    > File --> import the link from IE Favorite.
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart

    Thanks for your answer. That's how it works in Mozilla, it's really easy,
    but Firebird doesn't offer the same options.

    anyone know how to do this in Firebird, or if it's even possible?

    cheers ~
    Denise
    Denise Enck, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Denise Enck

    picayunish Guest

    Denise Enck wrote in
    > "picayunish" wrote in message news:poTib.10993$P51.316143@amstwist00...
    >> Denise Enck wrote in
    >>> Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird?
    >>> The Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except
    >>> IE.

    >> Bookmarks -->Bookmarks Manager --> select imported IE Favorites -->
    >> File --> import the link from IE Favorite.

    > Thanks for your answer. That's how it works in Mozilla, it's really easy,
    > but Firebird doesn't offer the same options.

    I hate to say it, but this was from Firebird 0.6.1
    picayunish, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Denise Enck

    > Denise Enck wrote in
    > > "picayunish" wrote in message news:poTib.10993$P51.316143@amstwist00...
    > >> Denise Enck wrote in

    Firebird?

    > >> Bookmarks -->Bookmarks Manager --> select imported IE Favorites -->
    > >> File --> import the link from IE Favorite.

    > > Thanks for your answer. That's how it works in Mozilla, it's really

    easy,
    > > but Firebird doesn't offer the same options.

    > I hate to say it, but this was from Firebird 0.6.1
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart

    Well, I don't know, Edwin. Those options are not available on mine. There is
    no mention of IE anywhere in the Bookmarks Manager.
    Strange.

    cheers ~
    Denise
    Denise Enck, Oct 14, 2003
  6. Denise Enck

    picayunish Guest

    Denise Enck wrote in news:t4Uib.713$:
    > "picayunish" <> wrote in message
    >> Denise Enck wrote in
    >>> "picayunish" wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for your answer. That's how it works in Mozilla, it's really
    >>> easy, but Firebird doesn't offer the same options.

    >> I hate to say it, but this was from Firebird 0.6.1

    > Well, I don't know, Edwin. Those options are not available on mine.
    > There is no mention of IE anywhere in the Bookmarks Manager.
    > Strange.

    Than you can add a new folder with the comment IE Favorites. When done
    import the links of the bookmarks.
    picayunish, Oct 14, 2003
  7. Denise Enck

    > > "picayunish" <> wrote in message
    > >> Denise Enck wrote in

    > >> I hate to say it, but this was from Firebird 0.6.1

    > > Well, I don't know, Edwin. Those options are not available on mine.
    > > There is no mention of IE anywhere in the Bookmarks Manager.
    > > Strange.

    > Than you can add a new folder with the comment IE Favorites. When done
    > import the links of the bookmarks.
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart

    Um, that was my original question. How do I import the bookmarks from IE
    into Firebird?

    Denise
    Denise Enck, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Denise Enck

    picayunish Guest

    picayunish, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Denise Enck

    > Denise Enck wrote in
    > >
    > > How do I import the bookmarks from IE into Firebird?

    > Did you export the bookmarks of IE ?
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart

    No...I guess I haven't been clear. I need to know how to get bookmarks into
    Firebird from IE. IE doesn't have an option that will let me export
    favorites to another browser, at least that I'm aware of.

    I have about 1000 links in IE favorites. They all need to be accessible from
    Firebird as well; I need to import them into Firebird.

    thanks.

    Denise
    Denise Enck, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Denise Enck

    picayunish Guest

    Denise Enck wrote in
    > "picayunish" <> wrote in message
    >> Denise Enck wrote in
    >>>
    >>> How do I import the bookmarks from IE into Firebird?

    >> Did you export the bookmarks of IE ?

    > No...I guess I haven't been clear. I need to know how to get bookmarks
    > into Firebird from IE. IE doesn't have an option that will let me export
    > favorites to another browser, at least that I'm aware of.
    >
    > I have about 1000 links in IE favorites. They all need to be accessible
    > from Firebird as well; I need to import them into Firebird.

    Then ask it in netscape.public.mozilla.general or
    netscape.public.mozilla.browser NG's
    picayunish, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Denise Enck

    A Hess Guest

    Stardate 10/14/03 6:51 AM, Denise Enck sat a million monkeys at a
    million typewriters and produced the following:
    > Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird? The
    > Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except IE.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > best,
    > Denise

    Firebird SHOULD have done this as one of the first things look for the
    "imported IE favorites" folder in Firebird Bookmarks folder, but in any
    case:

    In IE, go to file -> import/export.
    Export your favorites as bookmarks.html to your profile folder.
    A Hess, Oct 18, 2003