moving bookmarks IE --> Firebird

Denise Enck

Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird? The
Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except IE.

Thanks!

best,
Denise

picayunish

Denise Enck wrote in
Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird?
The Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except IE.

Bookmarks -->Bookmarks Manager --> select imported IE Favorites -->
File --> import the link from IE Favorite.

Denise Enck

"picayunish" wrote in message news:poTib.10993$P51.316143@amstwist00...
Denise Enck wrote in
IE.

Bookmarks -->Bookmarks Manager --> select imported IE Favorites -->
File --> import the link from IE Favorite.

Thanks for your answer. That's how it works in Mozilla, it's really easy,
but Firebird doesn't offer the same options.

anyone know how to do this in Firebird, or if it's even possible?

cheers ~
Denise

picayunish

Denise Enck wrote in
"picayunish" wrote in message news:poTib.10993$P51.316143@amstwist00...

Thanks for your answer. That's how it works in Mozilla, it's really easy,
but Firebird doesn't offer the same options.

I hate to say it, but this was from Firebird 0.6.1

Denise Enck

picayunish said:
Denise Enck wrote in

I hate to say it, but this was from Firebird 0.6.1

Well, I don't know, Edwin. Those options are not available on mine. There is
no mention of IE anywhere in the Bookmarks Manager.
Strange.

cheers ~
Denise

picayunish

Denise Enck wrote in news:[email protected]:
Well, I don't know, Edwin. Those options are not available on mine.
There is no mention of IE anywhere in the Bookmarks Manager.
Strange.

Than you can add a new folder with the comment IE Favorites. When done
import the links of the bookmarks.

Denise Enck

picayunish said:
Denise Enck wrote in news:[email protected]:

Than you can add a new folder with the comment IE Favorites. When done
import the links of the bookmarks.

Um, that was my original question. How do I import the bookmarks from IE
into Firebird?

Denise

Denise Enck

picayunish said:
Denise Enck wrote in

Did you export the bookmarks of IE ?

No...I guess I haven't been clear. I need to know how to get bookmarks into
Firebird from IE. IE doesn't have an option that will let me export
favorites to another browser, at least that I'm aware of.

I have about 1000 links in IE favorites. They all need to be accessible from
Firebird as well; I need to import them into Firebird.

thanks.

Denise

picayunish

Denise Enck wrote in
No...I guess I haven't been clear. I need to know how to get bookmarks
into Firebird from IE. IE doesn't have an option that will let me export
favorites to another browser, at least that I'm aware of.

I have about 1000 links in IE favorites. They all need to be accessible
from Firebird as well; I need to import them into Firebird.

Then ask it in netscape.public.mozilla.general or
netscape.public.mozilla.browser NG's

A Hess

Stardate 10/14/03 6:51 AM, Denise Enck sat a million monkeys at a
million typewriters and produced the following:
Anyone know if it's possible to import bookmarks from IE into Firebird? The
Firebird FAQ covers importing favorites from every browser except IE.

Thanks!

best,
Denise
Firebird SHOULD have done this as one of the first things look for the
"imported IE favorites" folder in Firebird Bookmarks folder, but in any
case:

In IE, go to file -> import/export.
Export your favorites as bookmarks.html to your profile folder.