Moving from localhost to production

Guest

Hi,
I am an ASP developer trying to get my hands on ASP.NET. I have created a WebBased Application on my computer (LocalHost). Now I want to move it to site hosted by a hosting company.

Do I move the whole folder? How do I move the application?

Please help.
Thnx

Curt_C [MVP]

Traditionallyu just need the DLL, ASPX, ASCX, Web.Config, Images/docs/etc
If you are compiling it you dont need the codebehind files and such.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

mavrick_101 said:
Hi,
I am an ASP developer trying to get my hands on ASP.NET. I have created a
WebBased Application on my computer (LocalHost). Now I want to move it to
site hosted by a hosting company.

Bryant Hankins

Good articles on the topic:

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/deployment.aspx

Basically, you're right. Just move the entire folder up and create a new
virtual directory that points to it. Granted you don't need all the files on
the web server (mainly you need your web.config, aspx files, and codebehind
dlls) but it's probably just easier to copy the whole folder.

--
Hope this helps,
Bryant Hankins