    Do I move the whole folder? How do I move the application?

    Please help.
    Thnx
    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=, Jul 27, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Traditionallyu just need the DLL, ASPX, ASCX, Web.Config, Images/docs/etc
    If you are compiling it you dont need the codebehind files and such.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "mavrick_101" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am an ASP developer trying to get my hands on ASP.NET. I have created a

    WebBased Application on my computer (LocalHost). Now I want to move it to
    site hosted by a hosting company.

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 27, 2004

  3. Good articles on the topic:

    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm
    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/deployment.aspx

    Basically, you're right. Just move the entire folder up and create a new
    virtual directory that points to it. Granted you don't need all the files on
    the web server (mainly you need your web.config, aspx files, and codebehind
    dlls) but it's probably just easier to copy the whole folder.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Bryant Hankins

    Bryant Hankins, Jul 27, 2004