mozilla and firefox problem - JSP

sukant.saddi

Hi all,

I have made a web application with JSPs. It seems to work fine with IE.
However, with Mozilla and Firefox, it displays the HTML source
generated by JSP instead of actually showing the HTML page for that
source.

I'm stumped because I haven't found any other msgs on forums with
someone experiencing the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I
need to fix this urgently.

Thanks

regards
Duke

P.S. It was suggested by someone on another forum that I should check
</head> tag. I have already done that and the HTML code is error free
(or so it seems).

hiwa

Hi all,

I have made a web application with JSPs. It seems to work fine with IE.
However, with Mozilla and Firefox, it displays the HTML source
generated by JSP instead of actually showing the HTML page for that
source.

I'm stumped because I haven't found any other msgs on forums with
someone experiencing the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I
need to fix this urgently.

Thanks

regards
Duke

P.S. It was suggested by someone on another forum that I should check
</head> tag. I have already done that and the HTML code is error free
(or so it seems).
Check your generated HTML at:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/

Chris Uppal

I have made a web application with JSPs. It seems to work fine with IE.
However, with Mozilla and Firefox, it displays the HTML source
generated by JSP instead of actually showing the HTML page for that
source.

Sounds as if your server isn't telling the browser that it's sending HTML back.

IE will (wrongly[*]) guess it is HTML based on the "filename" extension; real
browsers tend to believe what the server has told them. So if you are not
sending an HTTP header:
then that is almost certainly the cause of the problem (if you /are/ sending it
then just ignore this post ;-)

NB: that's an HTTP header, not to be confused with HTML <header> tags.

-- chris

[*] It shouldn't guess, but it does anyway...