Mozilla/Opera vertical scrollbars

Bartosz

Hi

Do any of you know why mozilla might not detect webisite hight properly
and therfore not display scrollbars? Even if forced to display the
slider doesn't show up. Do you know what might be the problem? How do
you suggest I proceed?

Bartosz

Arne

Once said:
Hi

Do any of you know why mozilla might not detect webisite hight properly
and therfore not display scrollbars? Even if forced to display the
slider doesn't show up. Do you know what might be the problem? How do
you suggest I proceed?

1. On what site/page? One URL should be useful.
3. What browser version do you have?
2. What extension and theme do you use? Sometimes some of them are
knowned to mess up with the browsers, especially if they are not updated
to work with a new version.

--
/Arne

* How to post: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html
* From Google: http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

Bartosz

Arne napisa³(a):
1. On what site/page? One URL should be useful.
3. What browser version do you have?
2. What extension and theme do you use? Sometimes some of them are
knowned to mess up with the browsers, especially if they are not updated
to work with a new version.
Ok. Thanks for the reply.
1. Sorry can't give url (site is behind a login page)
2. Happens in Firefox 1.5/Opera 8 works fine in IE 6.
3. Extension/Theme? If I got it right, it's just pure xhtml with css and
javascript.

Bartosz

Bartosz

Arne napisa³(a):
1. On what site/page? One URL should be useful.
3. What browser version do you have?
2. What extension and theme do you use? Sometimes some of them are
knowned to mess up with the browsers, especially if they are not updated
to work with a new version.

One more thing the webiste is built as a table first row (header) then
second row (two cells - menu, contents) and the last row (footer).

Bartosz

Arne

Once said:
Arne napisa³(a):

Ok. Thanks for the reply.
1. Sorry can't give url (site is behind a login page)

In that case, is the content filling up the page more than the screen
can show, with the bottom part hidden in the browsers? Or are all
content visible without the scrollbar? What do you mean when you said
you "forced to display"?
2. Happens in Firefox 1.5/Opera 8 works fine in IE 6.

Does IE really show a scrollable scrollbar, or just a faded out
"placeholder" for a non active scrollbar?
3. Extension/Theme? If I got it right, it's just pure xhtml with css and
javascript.

With Extensions/Themes I was asking about the browsers, not the pages.
At least for Mozilla/Firefox, you can install extensions as addons to
the browser default features. And also other Themes (Skins) can be
installed to alternate the default look (GUI) of the browser. Those give
some similar problems to other users after updating the versions.