mozilla window.open in new tab

Denis McMahon

OK

Looked on the netscape javascript client side reference and I can't
see this.

Basically I have a link on my desktop (or even a local file in my
bookmarks) that I want to open several documents, each in it's own
tab, and then close the original document.

Popup enabling for the local file is ok, but the best I can get at the
moment is each document opens in a new browser on the windows toolbar.

Not quite what I want.

Can anyone suggest the appropriate combination of window properties to
achieve this?

Thanks
Denis

Martin Honnen

Denis said:
Looked on the netscape javascript client side reference and I can't
see this.

Basically I have a link on my desktop (or even a local file in my
bookmarks) that I want to open several documents, each in it's own
tab, and then close the original document.

Popup enabling for the local file is ok, but the best I can get at the
moment is each document opens in a new browser on the windows toolbar.

Not quite what I want.

Can anyone suggest the appropriate combination of window properties to
achieve this?

You can bookmark a group of tabs with the browser gui. I don't think
there is a JavaScript API exposed to force opening a URL in a new tab.