mozilla window.open in new tab

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Denis McMahon, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. OK

    Looked on the netscape javascript client side reference and I can't
    see this.

    Basically I have a link on my desktop (or even a local file in my
    bookmarks) that I want to open several documents, each in it's own
    tab, and then close the original document.

    Popup enabling for the local file is ok, but the best I can get at the
    moment is each document opens in a new browser on the windows toolbar.

    Not quite what I want.

    Can anyone suggest the appropriate combination of window properties to
    achieve this?

    Thanks
    Denis
    --
    Denis McMahon email:
    If you get an email that says "send this to lots of people", it's

    Denis McMahon, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Denis McMahon wrote:

    > Looked on the netscape javascript client side reference and I can't
    > see this.
    >
    > Basically I have a link on my desktop (or even a local file in my
    > bookmarks) that I want to open several documents, each in it's own
    > tab, and then close the original document.
    >
    > Popup enabling for the local file is ok, but the best I can get at the
    > moment is each document opens in a new browser on the windows toolbar.
    >
    > Not quite what I want.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest the appropriate combination of window properties to
    > achieve this?

    You can bookmark a group of tabs with the browser gui. I don't think
    there is a JavaScript API exposed to force opening a URL in a new tab.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Feb 23, 2004