Mozzila vs Microfoft, displaying problems

ArbolOne

In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
word in each line, i.e.

===
This is the text
===
Mozilla display:
This is the text

IExplorer disply:
This
is
the
text

This is the code:
style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
is a lot of workd &nbsp;in this box<br>
</tbody>

How can I correct this problem, thanks in advance

rf

ArbolOne said:
In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
word in each line, i.e.
This is the code:
style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>

width: 1px; What about the other 563 pixels?

Since you specify one value for the table and one for the cell the browser
is at liberty to make a guess as to which one you really mean. The browsers
you indicate guess differently.

Why do you have a single celled table containing text? Is this tabular data?

ArbolOne

width: 1px; What about the other 563 pixels?

Since you specify one value for the table and one for the cell the browser
is at liberty to make a guess as to which one you really mean. The browsers
you indicate guess differently.

Why do you have a single celled table containing text? Is this tabular data?

Thanks, I will have a look at the your suggestion, but in the meantime
let me say that the 1:1 table display is just hand inputed text.
I am learning HTML and web authorizing, I am writing my own home page.

Thanks for your prompt response

Chaddy2222

Thanks, I will have a look at the your suggestion, but in the meantime
let me say that the 1:1 table display is just hand inputed text.
I am learning HTML and web authorizing, I am writing my own home page.

Thanks for your prompt response- Hide quoted text -
Take a look at: http://htmldog.com