Mozzila vs Microfoft, displaying problems

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ArbolOne, Jan 21, 2009.

  1. ArbolOne

    ArbolOne Guest

    In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
    one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
    is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
    but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
    word in each line, i.e.

    ===
    This is the text
    ===
    Mozilla display:
    This is the text

    IExplorer disply:
    This
    is
    the
    text

    This is the code:
    style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
    border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tbody>
    is a lot of workd &nbsp;in this box<br>
    </tbody>

    How can I correct this problem, thanks in advance

    ArbolOne, Jan 21, 2009

  2. ArbolOne

    rf Guest

    "ArbolOne" <> wrote in message
    > In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
    > one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
    > is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
    > but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
    > word in each line, i.e.

    > This is the code:
    > style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
    > border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    > <tbody>

    width: 1px; What about the other 563 pixels?

    Since you specify one value for the table and one for the cell the browser
    is at liberty to make a guess as to which one you really mean. The browsers
    you indicate guess differently.

    Why do you have a single celled table containing text? Is this tabular data?

    rf, Jan 21, 2009

  3. ArbolOne

    ArbolOne Guest

    On Jan 20, 10:32 pm, "rf" <> wrote:
    > "ArbolOne" <> wrote in message

    > > In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
    > > one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
    > > is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
    > > but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
    > > word in each line, i.e.
    > > This is the code:
    > > style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
    > > border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    > >              <tbody>

    > width: 1px; What about the other 563 pixels?
    >
    > Since you specify one value for the table and one for the cell the browser
    > is at liberty to make a guess as to which one you really mean. The browsers
    > you indicate guess differently.
    >
    > Why do you have a single celled table containing text? Is this tabular data?

    Thanks, I will have a look at the your suggestion, but in the meantime
    let me say that the 1:1 table display is just hand inputed text.
    I am learning HTML and web authorizing, I am writing my own home page.

    Thanks for your prompt response

    ArbolOne, Jan 21, 2009
  4. ArbolOne

    Chaddy2222 Guest