  1. Veerle

    Veerle Guest

    <
    Veerle, Jun 2, 2008

  2. Veerle

    Veerle Guest

    Oops, something went wrong. What I was saying:

    I want to write my own mp3 tagging software. Therefore I need to be
    able to connect to FreeDb to retrieve song information. I also need to
    be able to write to the ID3 tags of an mp3 file (v1 & v2) for the most
    common tags: song title, artist name, album title, album artist, track
    number, genre, comment and album artwork (cover). If I can find out
    where iTunes (or other software) gets there album artwork, I will try
    to do the same.

    Anyone knows good code samples or libraries to start with? Thanks!

    Veerle
    Veerle, Jun 2, 2008

  3. On 2008-06-02 07:48 +0100, Veerle allegedly wrote:
    > Oops, something went wrong. What I was saying:
    >
    > I want to write my own mp3 tagging software. Therefore I need to be
    > able to connect to FreeDb to retrieve song information. I also need to
    > be able to write to the ID3 tags of an mp3 file (v1 & v2) for the most
    > common tags: song title, artist name, album title, album artist, track
    > number, genre, comment and album artwork (cover). If I can find out
    > where iTunes (or other software) gets there album artwork, I will try
    > to do the same.
    >
    > Anyone knows good code samples or libraries to start with? Thanks!
    >
    > Veerle

    GIYF?

    <http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&q=java+id3v2+library&btnG=Search>

    <http://www.id3.org/Implementations>

    I've used the following a few years ago with satisfying results:
    <http://www.vdheide.de/java_mp3/>

    As for using freedb, I don't know personally, and can't be bothered to
    check, whether any of these libraries support it. But even if they
    don't, the communication format freedb uses shouldn't be too hard to
    figure out and to decypher.

    --
    DF.
    to reply privately, change the top-level domain
    Daniele Futtorovic, Jun 2, 2008