MPI and python+threads on IRIX

Discussion in 'Python' started by Marc Poinot, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. Marc Poinot

    Marc Poinot Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying to add a dynamic module using MPI on a 2.3.4 Python
    with threads (posix).
    The interpreter blocks into the dlopen (dynload_shlib.c) if any
    reference to the IRIX libmpi.so (actually SGI/IRIX 6.5) appears.
    The docs say that the use of MPI+dlopen requires a call to MPI_Init_thread
    before the dlopen. I wonder how I can build a shared module using
    mpi if it blocks inside the dlopen ! It looks like the dlopen itself
    blocks at the time it reads the libmpi.so (is it possible).

    The MPI modules I've found are not ported on SGI (yes I know...)

    Any hints ? Help ? Piece of advice ? Idea ? Patch ? Coconut ?

    -MP-
    Marc POINOT Alias: marcvs Email:
    ONERA -MFE/DSNA/ELSA Tel: 01.46.73.42.84 Info:
    29, Div. Leclerc Fax: 01.46.73.41.66 Site:
    92322 Chatillon FRANCE Project: elsA Web: http://www.onera.fr
    Marc Poinot, Jan 21, 2005