MS Access + ASP + ADO + OpenSchema + error - Unspecified Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by abcd, May 5, 2006.

  1. abcd

    abcd Guest

    I am using MSAccess 2003 as my DB, ASP page my front end. My access file is
    in the temp folder which ahs IUSR_Machine permissions. My asp page works
    fine, connects to DB and retrieves what I want. Now, when I open my db file
    in Microsoft Access in Exclusive mode my ASP page doest establish a
    connection which is correct as exclusive open locks the files and prevents
    further connections. Upto here no problem.

    Now when I close that opened Microsoft Access instance, my web page resumes
    working. If I refresh it, it works. The third time I refresh the page I get
    "Unspecified Error". Again if I refresh it works and again if I refresh I
    get "Unspecified error" when I debugged it fails at connection open.

    Here is my code snippet..

    if strConnString <> "" then

    objConn.Mode = 3

    objConn.ConnectionTimeout = 30

    objConn.CursorLocation = 3 'adUseClient

    objConn.open strConnString

    set oTmpRs.ActiveConnection = objConn

    Set oTmpRs = objConn.OpenSchema(4, Array(Empty, Empty, tmpStrTable,
    Empty))

    Set oTmpRs.ActiveConnection = Nothing

    set rsColumns = oTmpRs.Clone

    set oTmpRs = nothing

    objConn.Close

    end if

    set objConn = nothing

    Can anybody tell me what's wrong here..what could be the root cause of this
    problem..

    I tried almost all solutions I know and found in search engines..but not yet
    solved this issue..

    thanks
    abcd, May 5, 2006