    compiler. Doesn't really matter if the compiler doesn't optimize the code.
    Thanx in advance...

    Lovens

    lovens weche, Jul 22, 2003

  2. lovens weche

    Tom Guest

    Re: Ms-Dos C++ compiler and good editor [OT]

    "lovens weche" <> wrote:

    > Is there a good editor that can be used with a 32 bit compiler under the
    > MS-Dos platform? I used to use the Watcom C++ 11 compiler but the editor
    > that came with it (VI if I remeber) was not that great, in fact it was
    > horrible. I'm searching for a Borland C++ style editor and a good C++ 32 bit
    > compiler. Doesn't really matter if the compiler doesn't optimize the code.
    > Thanx in advance...

    [OT>]

    Your best bet is almost certainly djgpp (www.delorie.com/djgpp), which
    is a 32-bit C++ compiler running on MS-DOS. djgpp is a port of gcc
    (currently porting version 3.2.1), so its conformance to the standard
    is very high, and it generates highly optimized code. It comes with
    rhide, which is a Borland C++ style editor/IDE, but rhide can be a
    little buggy. You can also download emacs with it, which works great
    but is not a borland-style editor. But you can of course use any
    editor you please and just compile from the command line. Other
    options are Digital Mars C++, which was not as standard complying as
    gcc and djgpp last time I checked, and the Open Watcom project, which
    also has a way to go in standards compliance. Also take a look at
    Section 37 of the FAQ:

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/compiler-dependencies.html

    [<OT]

    Best regards,