MS index service

Martin c

Hi everybody.
Can anyoe point me in the right direction of any documentation / info /
namespace documentation for the control of the Microsoft Index Service via
the .NET Framework.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

TIA.
Martin

Dave

I learned the most about the indexing service from spending time reading
through microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver. There is good stuff out
there on MSDN, but it requires some digging. A couple quick links:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q820983

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dexsrv/html/indexingservicestartpage_6td1.asp

Look for an upcoming book from Apress as well, but there is no release date
on the site: http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=146

A quick article I wrote about using IXSSO and VB.Net:
http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/davetrux/archive/2004/03/03/8345.aspx

Dave

Peter O'Reilly

Adding to the other poster's comments... Microsoft Index Service is not
(currently) part of the Microsoft framework. It's a Windows OS component.
Check out the IIS documentation for a cursory start. Also IIS contains a
classic ASP sample page or two in its IIS samples directory. MSDN online
is another good place to start.