    Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

    TIA.
    Martin
    Martin c, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Martin c

    Dave Guest

    I learned the most about the indexing service from spending time reading
    through microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver. There is good stuff out
    there on MSDN, but it requires some digging. A couple quick links:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q820983

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dexsrv/html/indexingservicestartpage_6td1.asp

    Look for an upcoming book from Apress as well, but there is no release date
    on the site: http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=146

    A quick article I wrote about using IXSSO and VB.Net:
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/davetrux/archive/2004/03/03/8345.aspx

    Dave

    Dave, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Adding to the other poster's comments... Microsoft Index Service is not
    (currently) part of the Microsoft framework. It's a Windows OS component.
    Check out the IIS documentation for a cursory start. Also IIS contains a
    classic ASP sample page or two in its IIS samples directory. MSDN online
    is another good place to start.
    --
    Peter O'Reilly
    Peter O'Reilly, Apr 19, 2004