MS Ofiice Document Image Viewer Control 11.0 in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by zee, Oct 4, 2006.

  1. zee

    zee Guest

    hello
    Is it possible to use Document Image Viewer Control in
    ASP.NET(2.0) because

    1. The IDE is not adding this component in the toolbox and
    2. when i use it so it give me following error

    "ActiveX control 'ef347a62-ba21-42e4-94a0-1c0a6d7fdfe7' cannot be
    instantiated because the current thread is not in a single-threaded
    apartment."

    i have written this code

    AxMODI.AxMiDocView axMiDocView1;
    MODI.Document _MODIDocument = new MODI.Document();

    axMiDocView1 = new AxMODI.AxMiDocView();
    axMiDocView1.FitMode = MODI.MiFITMODE.miByWindow;

    axMiDocView1.FileName =
    (@"C:\OCR\CASODev\uploadedimages\632955678734948569.tif");
    axMiDocView1.Refresh();

    Basically i want to use this control in order to highlight search text
    in the tiff image.
    I have use this in windows but is it possible to use in web.

    Or is there any other control/component by which this will be
    possible?????
    zee, Oct 4, 2006

  2. Unfortunately no, the threading is all wrong. Basically, ASP.Net is a
    multi-threaded environment whereas the viewer is single threaded. The
    framework won't let you use the viewer as it cannot be instantiated safely
    in a multi-threaded environment.

    There are a few controls out there done in .Net, but I'm not sure how many
    are designed to work in an ASP.Net environment. Atlasoft DotImage comes to
    mind, http://www.atalasoft.com/products/dotImage/photopro/ but not any
    others.

    --
    Hope this helps,