MS PowerShell RC1

Matt Garrish

Dr.Ruud said:
For the curious:

Microsoft PowerShell RC1 (Monad). AFAIK, for Windows XP and later only.
Perl-ish.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/8/c/e8ccf
14c-8009-43ad-b953-1b18609cf14c/PowerShell_i386.zip
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/

I haven't looked at it yet, I don't even have XP.

A bit premature to judge, but it looks like a more reliable alternative to
some of the Win32 modules for admin tasks. Not sure that I see much other
use for it, though.

This is interesting, if true:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/21/0153251 I've also
found C# very perlish, although that may be more coincidental. I guess you
have to respect Bill and his minions for mimicing the best. The marketing
genius that chose a word that rhymes so nicely with one of the nuts between
my legs should probably be fired, though...

Matt