MS PowerShell RC1

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Dr.Ruud, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Dr.Ruud

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    Dr.Ruud, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Dr.Ruud

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Dr.Ruud" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For the curious:
    >
    > Microsoft PowerShell RC1 (Monad). AFAIK, for Windows XP and later only.
    > Perl-ish.
    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/8/c/e8ccf
    > 14c-8009-43ad-b953-1b18609cf14c/PowerShell_i386.zip
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/
    >
    > I haven't looked at it yet, I don't even have XP.

    A bit premature to judge, but it looks like a more reliable alternative to
    some of the Win32 modules for admin tasks. Not sure that I see much other
    use for it, though.

    This is interesting, if true:
    http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/21/0153251 I've also
    found C# very perlish, although that may be more coincidental. I guess you
    have to respect Bill and his minions for mimicing the best. The marketing
    genius that chose a word that rhymes so nicely with one of the nuts between
    my legs should probably be fired, though...

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Apr 27, 2006