MS Project (XML-) file generation

Dietmar Schwertberger

Hi!

I would like a Webware server to deliver MS Project compatible files for
download.

Of course I could create files using COM automatisation. For reliability
reasons I would prefer not to run an application like Microsoft Project on
the server. I think it would be the best to create an XML file.

Basically it should be quite simple:
- save an empty project file as XML
- load this using e.g. minidom
- add a node for each task (name, start date, duration)
- link the nodes for linked tasks
Did anybody do this before? Are there any examples for download (either
Project or Word, Excel,...).

(My experience with MS Project as well with XML is almost zero.)

Regards,

Dietmar