MS Project (XML-) file generation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dietmar Schwertberger, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Hi!

    I would like a Webware server to deliver MS Project compatible files for
    download.

    Of course I could create files using COM automatisation. For reliability
    reasons I would prefer not to run an application like Microsoft Project on
    the server. I think it would be the best to create an XML file.

    Basically it should be quite simple:
    - save an empty project file as XML
    - load this using e.g. minidom
    - add a node for each task (name, start date, duration)
    - link the nodes for linked tasks
    Did anybody do this before? Are there any examples for download (either
    Project or Word, Excel,...).

    (My experience with MS Project as well with XML is almost zero.)

    Regards,

    Dietmar
    Dietmar Schwertberger, Apr 19, 2004