    johnf Guest

    Just wondering if Ruby can access MS SQL2000 direct - not using ODBC.

    John
    johnf, Nov 11, 2006

  2. johnf

    mully Guest

    On Nov 10, 9:14 pm, johnf <> wrote:
    > Just wondering if Ruby can access MS SQL2000 direct - not using ODBC.
    >
    > John

    Using the win32ole module (on Windows), you can access Microsoft SQL
    Server databases via the ADODB object model.

    Incomplete example:

    cn = WIN32OLE.new('ADODB.Connection')
    cn.Open(...)
    rs = WIN32OLE.new('ADODB.Recordset')
    rs.Open(...)

    Mully
    mully, Nov 11, 2006

  3. johnf

    Scott Guest

    You can also use the MsSqlClient (crappy name, we haven't thought of
    anything better yet) and ActiveRecord:
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/mssqlclient. It's a C++ extension that
    used ADO.Net.

    -Scott