    I want to search the content of some database tables,
    do asp has some function or tool do this?
    thx

    ash, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Can you be more specific? If you want content from a database, you query
    it.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 30, 2006

  3. ash

    ash Guest

    is there any function in asp read through all the tables in the db and
    search the all content that matched, then display to the link relevant asp.

    thx

    "Ray Costanzo [MVP]" <my first name at lane 34 dot commercial> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    ash, Aug 31, 2006
  4. No. you need to look into Full-text indexing, which is built into SQL
    Server.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 31, 2006
  5. ash

    ash Guest

    Is Full-text indexing is for searching the for all tables in the db with
    matching word in the content? where can i find it in SQL Server?
    Thx

    Best Regards, Stephy Ku Innovation Square 2756 6618
    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    ash, Sep 1, 2006
  6. ash wrote:
    > Is Full-text indexing is for searching the for all tables in the db
    > with matching word in the content?

    Ummmm ... that's why I suggested it ....

    > where can i find it in SQL Server?
    > Thx

    I've never used it myself so all I can tell you is to look it up in BOL
    (Books Online).
    You will have better luck looking for support in a sqlserver group. I think
    they have one devoted to full-text indexing issues ... yes, it's called
    microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"