MS SQL Server in Java/J2EE environment

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sudhakar Chavali, Mar 21, 2008.

  1. I wanted to understand pros and cons of choosing MS SQL Server in
    Java/
    J2EE environment.

    Could anybody share some thoughts or web resources?

    I have worked in both Microsoft and non MS based environments.
    Personally I know the power of .Net with MS SQL Server and I don't
    wanted to compromise on using MS SQL Server with Java/JEE environment
    just for some reasons that Jave/JEE environment have.

    Personally I hate using MS SQL Server for Java/J2EE based
    applications. But one of my clients wanted to have following
    environment for his production environment and he insist on using this
    environment for application development.

    I don't hate MS or non MS products but using these products in
    heterogeneous environment is bit weird to me. That is the reason I
    started investigating the power of J2EE with MS SQL Serv

    So I just wanted to understand pros and cons of J2EE (Application) +
    MS SQL Server ( rdbms )

    Thanks
    Sudhakar

    Sudhakar Chavali, Mar 21, 2008