MS VC++ Runtime error when start MATLAB!!

Discussion in 'C++' started by obladi, Dec 25, 2007.

  1. obladi

    obladi Guest

    I have run MATLAB at Windows XP SP2.

    After several weeks of not using MATLAB, I found my MATLAB does not
    start up any more. When I double-click MATLAB icon, the error message
    says:

    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

    Runtime Error!

    Program: C:\MATLAB7\bin\win32\MATLAB.exe

    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    unusual
    way.

    I don't know what causes this problem. Maybe some software I installed
    or MS Windows updates.

    I even tried re-install MATLAB, but it produces same result.

    Any advice???

    obladi, Dec 25, 2007

  2. obladi

    Salt_Peter Guest

    On Dec 25, 12:25 am, obladi <> wrote:
    > I have run MATLAB at Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > After several weeks of not using MATLAB, I found my MATLAB does not
    > start up any more. When I double-click MATLAB icon, the error message
    > says:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    >
    > Runtime Error!
    >
    > Program: C:\MATLAB7\bin\win32\MATLAB.exe
    >
    > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    > unusual
    > way.
    >
    > I don't know what causes this problem. Maybe some software I installed
    > or MS Windows updates.
    >
    > I even tried re-install MATLAB, but it produces same result.
    >
    > Any advice???

    Probably a corrupted mathlab profile (in Windows registry).
    You'll have to search for the exact info, as we don't do that kind of
    stuff here.
    Nor do we answer Windows related questions (and many don't use it
    either).
    try comp.soft-sys.matlab

    Salt_Peter, Dec 25, 2007

  3. On 2007-12-25 06:25, obladi wrote:
    > I have run MATLAB at Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > After several weeks of not using MATLAB, I found my MATLAB does not
    > start up any more. When I double-click MATLAB icon, the error message
    > says:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    >
    > Runtime Error!
    >
    > Program: C:\MATLAB7\bin\win32\MATLAB.exe
    >
    > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
    > unusual
    > way.

    Sorry, but we are not the support team. Try searching Mathworks site for
    more information. If you have a non-student licence you can probably get
    free support, once again, check their site for more information.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    Erik Wikström, Dec 25, 2007