ms.web.ui.webcontrols sample still not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rog, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Rog

    Rog Guest

    Hello,

    Yesterday I downloaded IEwebcontrols.exe and
    TreeviewControl.msi

    from

    url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-
    usingtreeviewiewebcontrol.asp

    I followed all the readme instructions, compiled the
    ms.we.ui.wecontrols.dll with build.bat from the vs.net
    command prompt, did the xcopy thing to my root dir (from
    the command prompt):

    C:\WebControls\IE Web Controls>xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime
    C:\Mywebroot\wwwroot
    \webctrl_client\1_0 /y

    , then I created a sample app at my root directory

    C:\Myrootdir\wwwroot\sampleapp

    using vs2003 (asp project using vb.net). Then I did the
    xcopy thing for the samples dir that came with
    IEwebcontrols.exe. (also from the command prompt)

    C:\WebControls\IE Web Controls>xcopy /s /i .\Samples
    C:\Mywebroot\wwwroot\sampleapp /y

    Then I copied ms.web.ui.webcontrols.dll to the bin
    directory of the sampleapp project. I even added one of
    the sample aspx pages, treeview.aspx to the project and
    then ran the project. I did not get the treeview effect.
    All I got was one line of text

    "My first Tree Node My Second Tree Node"

    If anyone has an idea what I missed or what else I need to
    do to make this work please share.

    Thanks,
    Rog
    Rog, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Rog

    Rog Guest

    I took this a step further and added
    ms.web.ui.webcontrols.dll to the components list and
    added the treeview control to my application. So I
    created a few root nodes and some childnodes from the
    nodes collection of the treeview control. I set
    checkbox=true, etc in the properties of the nodes
    collection. When I ran the app, I still only got text
    with no hierarchical separation. The control displays
    hierachy in design view. But in the browser all I got was

    RootNode0child1Node0
    Child2Node0childofChild2Node0
    RootNode1ChildofRootNode1

    Is the control working but I am just not configuring it
    correctly? It seems to work in design view but not in
    runtime.

    Rog, Sep 24, 2004