    debug it. I have read about netmon.exe, but cannot seem to find it.
    Anyone know of a location?

    Carlton
    Carlton858, May 7, 2004

  2. ASP.NET is actually pretty forgiving, and accepts most WS calls.
    you might set a breakpoint at the 1st line of the WebMethod,
    and then attach to the ASP.NET process.
    then call it with the Java Client.
    if there is a problem with the request that was sent,
    then you wont hit the breakpoint, and you will want to see the trace.
    if you hit the breakpoint, your golden, and just see where it throws.

    for tracing messages you can:
    -use the SOAP Toolkit Trace Tool.
    -use the SoapExtension example in MSDN called TraceExtension to write the
    request and response to a file
    -use one of the tools from www.pocketsoap.com
    -others ...

    casey
    http://www.brains-N-brawn.com

    casey chesnut, May 7, 2004

  3. Carlton858

    Carlton858 Guest

    > -use the SoapExtension example in MSDN called TraceExtension to write the
    > request and response to a file

    How? I can find the class on MSDN and compile it, but any examples on
    how to use it? From the way I have implemented the webservice, I do
    not understand how to make this work.

    Carlton
    Carlton858, May 11, 2004
  4. casey chesnut, May 11, 2004
  5. Carlton - What Java webservices stack are you using?

    (ps: hey casey)

    -Dino

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...bservicesprotocolssoapextensionclasstopic.asp

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], May 13, 2004