MS WebService called by Java app

Carlton858

I built a webservice in C# that is called by a Java application. The
problem I am encountering is the Java app seems to send my webservice
NULL values, which is not what the application thinks it is sending.
The reason I know Java app is sending my web service NULL values is
because my web service sends back a NULL value message to the Java
app. Does anyone know a reason why this might be or do you need to
see the WSDL's?

I think something is wrong with the SOAP message the Java app is
sending to the MS web service, but I do not know how to fix it or
debug it. I have read about netmon.exe, but cannot seem to find it.
Anyone know of a location?

Carlton

casey chesnut

ASP.NET is actually pretty forgiving, and accepts most WS calls.
you might set a breakpoint at the 1st line of the WebMethod,
and then attach to the ASP.NET process.
then call it with the Java Client.
if there is a problem with the request that was sent,
then you wont hit the breakpoint, and you will want to see the trace.
if you hit the breakpoint, your golden, and just see where it throws.

for tracing messages you can:
-use the SOAP Toolkit Trace Tool.
-use the SoapExtension example in MSDN called TraceExtension to write the
request and response to a file
-use one of the tools from www.pocketsoap.com
-others ...

casey
http://www.brains-N-brawn.com

Carlton858

-use the SoapExtension example in MSDN called TraceExtension to write the
request and response to a file
How? I can find the class on MSDN and compile it, but any examples on
how to use it? From the way I have implemented the webservice, I do
not understand how to make this work.

Carlton

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

Carlton - What Java webservices stack are you using?

(ps: hey casey)

-Dino