    something?).

    Cheers

    Dan
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Apr 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    MSWord is not safe for scripting, so it can not be signed. The best you can
    do is have your users trust your site only. But i would not recommend it. if
    they mess up and allow all, it will not take long for their machines to
    attacked.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Apr 26, 2005

  3. There's no way you can change the fact that the activex control is not
    signed as safe for scripting.
    The user can adjust their browser security settings, but there is no
    feasible way you can do this for them from server side code.
    Here's more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/excelexport.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/asposeword.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 26, 2005
  4. Bruce,

    I tried it but don't think it works. You have to remove the site from the
    intranet zone first which I did and which didn't seem to be a problem.
    However the activex thing still pops up when my code tries to load Word. Any
    suggestions?

    Cheers

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Apr 27, 2005