MS Word activeX control not "signed" ?

Guest

Hi guys

I'm using Microsoft Word from asp.net, using VB Script CreateObject etc to
load Word on the client.

It keeps coming up with the "run active x control" dialog, saying that
MSWord is not signed.

2 questions... why is it not signed? I'd have though MS would sign all its
ActiveX controls? and is there anyway to prevent the dialog while maintaining
security for all other active x controls (ie signing the MS Word control or
something?).

Cheers

Dan

Bruce Barker

MSWord is not safe for scripting, so it can not be signed. The best you can
do is have your users trust your site only. But i would not recommend it. if
they mess up and allow all, it will not take long for their machines to
attacked.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Bruce,

I tried it but don't think it works. You have to remove the site from the
intranet zone first which I did and which didn't seem to be a problem.
However the activex thing still pops up when my code tries to load Word. Any
suggestions?

Cheers

Dan