MSBuild: Can't reference '%(AssemblyAttributes.Value)' in a PropertyGroup

Tod Birdsall, MCSD for .NET

I am using the Web Deployment Project along with MSBuild. I have the
following lines in my wdproj file:

<!-- BEGIN -->

<ItemGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' ==
'Staging|AnyCPU'">
<AssemblyAttributes Include="AssemblyFileVersion">
<Value>2.1.1.2</Value>
</AssemblyAttributes>
<AssemblyAttributes Include="AssemblyVersion">
<Value>2.1.1.2</Value>
</AssemblyAttributes>
</ItemGroup>

<ItemGroup>
<FTP1 Include="%(AssemblyAttributes.Value).zip" />
</ItemGroup>
<PropertyGroup>
<FTP2>%(AssemblyAttributes.Value).zip</FTPRemoteUri_2>
</PropertyGroup>

Here is what the values look like:

FTP1 == 2.1.1.2.zip
FTP2 == %(AssemblyAttributes.Value).zip

Does anyone know why FTP1 the value I was expecting, but FTP2 does not?

Thanks.