MSChart won't work

_Doug

I inserted this to Web Froms in Toolbox from Customize Toolbox
but when I set its (id) to a name, the name is not recoginized
in the code.

I want a simple web page chart of a line from
data in a text file.

Thanks!

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

MSChart is not a web control, so it was not meant to be used on web pages.

The simplest way is to just make a character based bar chart, as
demonstrated here:
http://www.devx.com/Enterprise/Article/11194/

If you need it to look more polished then you you could use the graphics
namespace:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/ASPDraw/default.aspx

Unfortunately there isn't really a built-in charting control that you can
just drop onto your page.
There are quite a few free and cheap controls like this available on the
internet though.

Here's an extensive list of 3rd party charting & graphing controls.
I'm sure many of them would fit your needs.
http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=1&tabindex=0