mscorlib error '80070002'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Raves, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Raves

    Raves Guest

    Hi,

    I am developing a COM component in C# using a COM Callable Wrapper.
    This com component works fine on my development machine(Win XP). I use
    ASP pages to invoke this component.

    When I try the same on Win 2003 Server ( i.e., when I try calling a
    function on the COM component from ASP) I get the following error

    mscorlib error '80070002'

    File or assembly name 1z3ccac.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
    found.

    The name of the dll changes each time I refresh the page. Am not sure
    as to why this is happening.

    I have been testing this on other operationg systems ( Win 2000
    Professional and Win 2000 Server). The same works on Win 2000
    Professional but fails on Win 2000 Server. This has led me to think
    that its some server setting thats foiling me.

    Could you please help?

    Regards,
    Raves.

    Raves, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Go out to www.sysinternals.com and download Filemon.
    Create a log file and load this into Excel. Check to see if you are getting
    an access denied to the dll that shows up in the error.

    Please send me as much of the error as possible.

    Thank you, John Soulis
    Microsoft, ASP.NET

    John Soulis [MSFT], Oct 23, 2003