MSDE 2000 Connection String

hfk0

Hi,

I have a simple asp.net application running ok on my WinXP development
server with SQL Server Express 2005 installed locally. After moving to
the live server (Win 2000 server with MSDE 2000 installed locally),
it's giving me the 'SQL Network Interface Error (error 25): connection
string is not valid'.

So far, i've tried using the following connection string in my
web.config file:

connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\registration.mdf;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
(this works fine on the development server)

connectionString="Data Source=(local);Initial
Catalog=registration;Integrated Security=SSPI"

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Or is it just not possible to
use Sql Server .NET Data Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) that I used
in the development server to connect to a MSDE 2000 database on the
live server? Originally I wanted to use SQL Server Express 2005 on the
live server, but I didn't enough memory on it, so I figured I tried
MSDE 2000 first to see if I can get the right connection string.

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks,

hfk0