msde database distribution

cade

We are creating an application that uses a msde database. Anyone know how we
can distribute this with the application or have some way of getting the sql
queries from it that would create the database? Any articles on this topic
or anything? We don't have sql query analyzer since we have the desktop
version. All we have is this osql thing of microsofts which I can't seem to
find some clear documentation on.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

First, read the article on bootstrapping the .NET Framework to your
application:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/redistdeploy1_1.asp

It is a necessary step for commercial applications, as it does not require
can use a similar method to attach the actual MSDE engine:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/sql_embeddingmsde.asp

To install the scripts, you can create custom actions (and custom installer
classes). The info on custom installers can be found in the help file. Here
is a good starting point:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/vsintro7/html/vxorideploywalkthroughs.asp

--
Gregory A. Beamer