msdev /make problem

oguz

I am using Visual C++ 6.0 msdev.exe from the command line to build all
the projects in a workspace ( .dsw ).

The command syntax that I am using is:

msdev all.dsw /make "ALL" /REBUILD /OUT

This works well except for the fact that when one of the projects in
the workspace does not build properly and exits with an error, the
build continues with other projects.

Is there a way to make msdev exit as soon as it encounters the first
build/compile error ?

Oguz Murtezaoglu
BiPOM Electronics

Christof Krueger

Hello oguz,

This is not a C++ standard question, you should try to post in a news
group specific to your compiler instead.

Christof Krueger

Deming He

oguz said:
I am using Visual C++ 6.0 msdev.exe from the command line to build all
the projects in a workspace ( .dsw ).

The command syntax that I am using is:

msdev all.dsw /make "ALL" /REBUILD /OUT

This works well except for the fact that when one of the projects in
the workspace does not build properly and exits with an error, the
build continues with other projects.

Is there a way to make msdev exit as soon as it encounters the first
build/compile error ?

Oguz Murtezaoglu
BiPOM Electronics

You probably need to write some Macros for DevStudio to accompolish this.
Check out msdn about Automated Build.