MSDN Subscription

Karl Hungus

Im a freelance developer. Any thoughts (or faqs) on which version of an MSDN
subscription is worthwhile for someone working solo?

TIA
Karl

Scott M.

It all depends on what software you'll need to have and how much you are
willing to pay. I just bought an MSDN Universal subscription through eBay
for $895.00 and because I'm getting the software on DVD, there is a $300
rebate on top of that.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

that really depends on what you are doing (what kind of tasks, business and
such).

This table might help you:

As you can see, SQL Server 2000 (for development and testing purposes) for
example is included in Enterprise and Universal Subscriptions. So if you
want to have SQL Server 2000 as development database, you might want to
consider Enterprise. But if having SQL Server is not requirement, I'd say
professional level software would be enough. But as I said, it is all about
what you are going to do.

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke