    --

    you know when you think you know something
    and then you realize you know nothing
    Karl Hungus, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Karl Hungus

    Scott M. Guest

    It all depends on what software you'll need to have and how much you are
    willing to pay. I just bought an MSDN Universal subscription through eBay
    for $895.00 and because I'm getting the software on DVD, there is a $300
    rebate on top of that.

    "Karl Hungus" <> wrote in message

    > Im a freelance developer. Any thoughts (or faqs) on which version of an

    MSDN

    Scott M., Apr 23, 2004

  3. Karl Hungus

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    that really depends on what you are doing (what kind of tasks, business and
    such).

    This table might help you:

    As you can see, SQL Server 2000 (for development and testing purposes) for
    example is included in Enterprise and Universal Subscriptions. So if you
    want to have SQL Server 2000 as development database, you might want to
    consider Enterprise. But if having SQL Server is not requirement, I'd say
    professional level software would be enough. But as I said, it is all about
    what you are going to do.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke