MSFT Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Emilio, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Emilio

    Emilio Guest

    Hi,

    I seem to get this error intermittently, It has nothing to do with the
    advancedwebcontrols assembly, it seems to happen with any 3rd party assembly
    from time to time, and the only way to around it is to restart my pc or
    sometimes close all my IE windows.

    What's up with this?
    Server Error in '/Test' Application.
    ----

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'advancedwebcontrols'.

    Source Error:

    Line 223: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 224: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 225: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 226: </assemblies>
    Line 227:

    Source File:
    c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
    225

    Many Thanks

    Emilio

    Emilio, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Emilio

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    This is discussed here along with a solution:
    http://www.networkip.net/tidbits/IIS/denied.htm

    --

    -----------
    Got TidBits?
    "Emilio" <emilio@@intellinova.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I seem to get this error intermittently, It has nothing to do with the
    > advancedwebcontrols assembly, it seems to happen with any 3rd party

    assembly
    > from time to time, and the only way to around it is to restart my pc or
    > sometimes close all my IE windows.
    >
    > What's up with this?
    > Server Error in '/Test' Application.

    > ----