    Pat Laf

    BTW I've seen the ASK the PRO response but I am not clear
    how to implement the code in the codebehind page.
    PatLaf, Dec 16, 2003

  2. you can use Lostinet.Web.ControlHelper to popup
    'Alert,Confirm,Prompt,Dialog,Window'

    see http://www.lostinet.com/en/lwsamplecs/

    --
    http://www.lostinet.com/
    Lostinet.Web Controls&Components

    Lostinet.Web Support, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Hi PatLaf,

    Thanks for posting in this group.
    Asp.net just encapsulates the HTML element. So it also will use client
    script to do things.
    To show message box in web form, you should use client script function:
    alert, confirm, prompt.
    For more information about these functions, please refer to:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/jscript7/ht
    ml/jsUsingMessageBoxes.asp

    To add client message box script in asp.net, you can use
    HtmlTextWriter.WriteAttribute to associate it with some client event. Or
    you can use Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock to inject the script into the
    client side.

    Hope this helps

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Tan