MSI vs setup confusion

Jason Shohet

I've been using msi files to reinstall versions of an application.
But everytime I run it, I have to first uninstall the previous MSI.

Thats a pain.
I just want the msi itself to uninstall the previous version :)
Or why does the MSI appear as an application that I have to remove anyway?
Just let it run and reinstall the files I need, it doesn't have to put
itself as an actual application...

Can some unconfusicate me?
TY! Jason Shohet

jason

Thanks great help, found it.
One other question about the MSI. Lets say i have a page, page1.aspx
and I want that page to be the default page. So if someone does
www.mysite.com it will automatically go to page1.aspx.
Normally thats set in IIS, but when I reinstall my site from the MSI,
i have to do that everytime :) which is a pain. Anyway to automate
this, or prevent that default setting from being deleted

THanks