MSIE and scrollbar question

Mike Novak

Don't panic, I'm not going to ask about changing scrollbar colors.

Apparantly, the width of the scrollbars, whether they are visible or not,
are included as part of the browser window width on Internet Explorer, but
not on Netscape or Mozilla.

As seen here:

http://mnovak.home.mchsi.com/test/dogstar.htm

the page is centered horizontally when viewed maximized or fullscreen on
Netscape, but is offset left on IE. I've tried everything that I can think
of, and have been Googling for days, but have found no solution for this
problem. Is there any way to compensate for this, or is it something that I
am going to have to live with?

I'm sure that this can be adressed using javascript, but this page is an
excersise in purity, so I don't really want to go there.

Mike

I did it once but by total accident using css... i think if u copy some of a
font-size=11px type thing into ur CSS "BODY" section it starts to do
something like what ur after... sorry I can't tell u exactly.

-Mike